Introducing the brand new Luxe Defining Lipstick range from one of my top faves, Bobbi Brown! Bobbi Brown recently launched a new range of power pigmented lipsticks that are in pencil-tube form with a self-sharpening tip for defined and precise application. The launched range comes available in a multitude of shades, with the longevity of wear lasting hours with 12hr moisture! The shades range go from neutrals, to warm reds, to cool nudes. There is really something for everyone and I can tell already these babies are going to the top of my faves list quickly.
Product, Texture & Formula – Bobbi Brown Luxe Defining Lipstick 6ml; the luxe defining lipsticks are formulated with carnauba wax, offers a creamy matte, power pigmented colour payoff that also nourishes the lips and has up to 12hr moisture. They have a lip-sculpting tip that self-sharpens within use, they can define a look or redesign one. They’re perfect for a exact application with defined edges and has the glide of a lipstick with the precision of a pen. The texture is so soft & creamy with a matte finish. The lipsticks come in 6ml size and last a very long time. The packaging is a slimline pen shaped, gold metallic case, with a clip-on lid and a twist up dispensary.
My Thoughts & First Impressions
I firstly was drawn to the gorgeous packaging the lipsticks are encased in, the gorgeous metallic chrome tube and twist up dispensary is so easy to use and the texture of these babies are so creamy, smooth and matte. I love the intense colour payoff, there is complete opaque pigment from the one swipe glide of these! I love that the lipsticks tip is like that of a pencil and they self-sharpen within use, that is amazing! I love the easy twist up and the sturdy clip on lids, they’re perfect for taking traveling (when that can resume again) and have become a quick favourite in my go-to rotation. I am always excited about all of Bobbi Brown’s releases, I can’t stress enough the quality of their products.. they’re always top notch and perform fantastically.
Would I Restock?
That has to be a solid definite yes! I have fallen in love with this new release lipstick range from Bobbi Brown, the colour payoff is second to none and the smooth, creamy matte formula is so addictive! I love the way they feel on the lips, the comfortability and the hydration. They feel very nourishing and light while on, they also last for hours and hours. The range also comes in a variety of shades to suit everybody, from warm reds, to cool tone neutrals and in between. I love this release and I highly recommend checking out these gorgeous lippies!
Disclaimer; the products in this blog post were sent in to me for my consideration with no obligation to post, despite being gifted that does not alter my review in any way, all views and thoughts are honest and my own. This is a non-paid for blog post that I decided to publish on my own.
WELCOME; to part two of my annual Coco and Chino’sChristmas Holiday Gift Guide 2020! This part two edition of the guide features latest holiday releases from brands NARS, MAC Cosmetics and Maison Margiela, covering eyeshadow and fragrances for the beauty lovers and scent lovers in your life. I always get so excited for the releases at MECCA during the holiday season! Take the Limited Edition Afterglow & Orgasm Lip Gold Pouch set for instance, it was curated specifically for the holiday set. It features 12 gorgeous warm neutral tones combined with some vibrant shades too, I hadn’t had anything like this colour story in my collection so I had to have this. Let’s take a closer look at it with swatches included..
Products, Textures & Formula’s – NARS Afterglow LE Eye Shadow Palette & Lip Gloss + Pouch Kit; 12 stunning warm neutral toned shades that range from warm to frosty pinks, warm burnt oranges and browns. It contains a variety of mattes, satin and metallic shimmers. So many looks can be created with this one. The powder is so easy to blend and the colour payoff is lovely. Not only that, the gold shiny makeup pouch is gorgeous and so smooth with a zipper. The lip gloss that comes included in the kit is in the shade ‘Orgasm’, one of NARS signature colours. It is non-sticky and is mostly transparent with a hint of the shade, so you can get away with wearing this one for everyday wear if you wanted to. Take a closer look at the kit and gloss below..
– MAC Cosmetics Grand Spectacle LE Eye Shadow Palette 2.4g; featuring a massive 25 shades in many finishes! The variety of colours is extended in this palette, going from reds, to silvers, to golds, to smokey hues, to matte browns and blue. This palette really stood out to me because of the extensive shade option it possesses and anyone who has used MAC shadows before, know that their shimmers are to die for! I couldn’t help myself with this, I HAD to have it! Each shade has a name to match the releases ‘holiday’ theme. Take a closer look at it below with swatches included..
– Maison Margiela LE Replica Memory Box Set 10x2ml; with a lovely assortment of scents to choose from, this limited edition holiday set is amazing value! Featuring 10 of their most popular fragrances, Replica is a trip down memory lane with familiar scents and moments of varying locations and periods. Be transported from the fireplace straight to springtime in a floral garden, this set has something for everyone. It also contains the famous jazz club and sailing day scents the design house is known for. Take a closer look below..
Worldwide Prices & Availability –NARS Afterglow Eye Shadow Palette, Lip Gloss + Pouch; Australia: $45 (on sale) – $90 AUD Available: online and in-store at Mecca.
My Thoughts & First Impressions – NARS LE Afterglow Eye Shadow Palette, Orgasm Lip Gloss & Pouch; I think this great value for money, not only do you get a full size eye shadow palette, and a full size golden smooth makeup pouch with zipper, but you get a mini lip gloss in ‘Orgasm’ shade as well. It is a perfect little holiday kit and at a massively reduced fraction of the normal full price. The lip gloss is non-sticky, has a nice hint of colour and feels hydrating on the lips. I haven’t tested length of wear yet but I will follow up on that in another post. The eyeshadow powders are very pigmented and deliver a very decent colour payoff.. I think the warm undertones and neutral colours are so pretty with pops of vibrant colour too. The pouch is a sleek, silky smooth plastic zip-up one and is a lovely metallic gold colour.
– MAC Cosmetics LE Grand Spectacle Eye Palette 2.4g; I was initially drawn to this by the variety of sharp colours it features and the gorgeous shimmers! I have always wanted a palette that offers a bold red, blue and silver with a nice champagne gold and copper shade as well, and this is EXACTLY that! It is everything I want in a palette. I’m so glad I picked it up as it sold out very quickly, as was expected. MAC shadows, particularly shimmer shades, are very pigmented and deliver a nice intense cover. I can picture many looks I can create with this one and I look forward to posting further content on this beauty.
– Maison Margiela LE Memory Box Set 10x2ml; this is the first time I have ever tried the Maison Margiela fragrances and I thought this set was the perfect introduction. As soon as I saw it and the very generous pricing it had at MECCA, I was determined to pick it up in my holiday purchases. It encapsulates the very popular and familiar scents from their line and the 2ml size is perfect to try-out. I always love getting mini sizes of new-to-me ranges so I can determine whether I would end up eventually buying the full size if I love them as much to do so. Another reason I love holiday season, for all the mini sets and kits to try new brands. I think my faves so far from this set have to be the Springtime in the Park, Beach Walk, Under The Lemon Trees and of course, By The Fireplace. The entire selection is a lovely pickings and I’m very glad I managed to snap this up! Stay tuned for a in-depth review on some of my selected favourites from this set.
That is all for now in this part two of my holiday gift guide, I thank you for reading and I hope you picked up some handy recommendations for gifts to give others or to treat yourself. But I would be quick if you can, these limited edition releases don’t last long, especially online. Have you picked up any of the above products for yourself? Disclaimer; all of the products featured in this post were bought with my own money and all opinions & thoughts are my own.
WELCOME; to part one of my annual Coco and Chino’sChristmas Holiday Gift Guide 2020! This part one edition of the guide features latest holiday releases from brands Tatcha, Too Faced and Laneige, covering skincare and makeup for the beauty lovers in your life. I always get so excited for the Christmas releases, and I would love to share what is included in this first part of the guide.
Products, Textures and Formula –LE Too Faced Salted Caramel Eyeshadow Palette; features eight shades in a mixture of mattes and shimmers. The shades range from warm tones to dark ones, the matte formula is nicely pigmented and the shimmers are a silky kind that are also decently pigmented. There is a nice light matte cream shade that can be used as a base. The shade names are, T-B & L-R: ‘Oooey Gooey’ – a vanilla cream slightly transparent, great for priming, ‘Golden Sugar’ – a warm shimmery copper brown, ‘Drizzle It’ – a vivid mid-tone matte orange, ‘Caramel Apple’ – a coral brown/red matte, ‘Butter Me Up’ – a shimmery golden medium brown, ‘Soft and Chewy’ – a mustard matte orange, ‘Toffee’ – a shimmery pink with silver shift and ‘Make Me Melt’ – a deep matte brown.
– LE Tatcha Pore-Perfecting and Protecting Set; features The Deep Cleanse 50ml, The Water Cream 10ml, The Liquid Silk Canvas 10g and The Kissu Lip Mask 5g. The Deep Cleanse is formulated with an oil-free gel cleanser with natural exfoliants and clarifying extracts from the Japanese Luffa fruit that gently lifts impurities, unclogs pores and the balances the skin moisture for a healthy-looking glow. The Water Cream is formulated with Japanese wild rose to smooth skin texture and works to visibly tighten pores. It also features Japanese leopard lily which reduces oil production, calms problematic skin and promotes turnover of the skin. The Liquid Silk Canvas is formulated with silk extract fibroin, the inner part of silk that nourishes skin into lustrous and healthy condition, and includes sericin; the outer part of silk which closely parallels the amino acid structure of human skin to hold in essential moisture and minimises flaking and dryness. The silk powder adds a pore-blurring element and helps makeup to apply smoothly and absorb excess oil. The Kissu Lip Mask contains peach extract to soften and smooth, squalane richly moisturises and improves the skin barrier function and it also includes camellia oil with vitamins, oleic acid and nourishing omegas 3, 6 & 9.
–Laneige Hydration-To-Go Kit For Normal to Dry Skin featuring 5 piece Gift Set; Moisturising Cream Cleanser 30ml, Water Bank Hydro Essence 10ml, Water Bank Moisture Cream 10ml, Water Sleeping Mask 15ml and the Lip Sleeping Mask 3g. The Moisturising Cream Cleanser is a cream formulated with plant-derived natural oils to hydrate the skin while it gentle cleanses. The Water Bank Hydro Essence uses a ‘water splash’ formula serum that pops moisture into the skin as soon as its applied. It uses the Green Mineral Water thats extracted via Laneige’s patented Ocean Brew Method, creating a dewy glow for skin. The Water Bank Moisture Cream is also formulated with the unique blend of Green Mineral Water, in addition to vegetable extracts from brussel sprouts, artichoke leaves and lima beans, forming a protective barrier and providing soothing hydration to leave the skin looking radiant and feeling hydrated. The Water Sleeping Mask is an overnight mask that is formulated with evening primrose and apricot extract, and contains the Sleep-Tox technology that purifies skin during sleep. Patented Moisture Wrap helps the skin to retain moisture throughout the night and the Sleepscent which is specially developed for the Water Sleeping Mask as an AmorePacific original, allowing skin to relax and rest during sleep, which boosts it to regenerate. The Lip Sleeping Mask is formulated with strawberry, raspberry, cranberry, arabica coffee bean, blueberry, quinoa seed extracts, shea butter, candelilla wax and carnauba wax.
Worldwide Prices & Availability –LE Too Faced Salted Caramel Eyeshadow Palette; Australia: $39.95 AUD – $41.00 AUD Available: online at MyQT, and only in-store and subject to stock as it’s LE, at Mecca. USA: $20.00 USD – $27.00 USD Available: online at Amazon, and only in-store subject to stock as it’s LE, at Sephora. UK: £22.00 GBP Available: only in-store and subject to limited stock as it’s LE, at Selfridges, John Lewis, Debenhams, Look Fantastic.
–LE Tatcha Pore Perfecting & Protecting Set; Australia: $84.00 AUD Available: in-store only and subject to limited stock as it’s LE, at Mecca.
USA: $68.00 USD Available: only online at Yorkdale.
–Laneige Hydration-To-Go For Normal To Dry Skin Kit; Australia: $36.00 AUD Available: online and in-store at Sephora and Adore Beauty.
USA: $29.00 USD Available: online and in-store at Laneige and Sephora.
UK: £18.50 GBP Available: the exact kit isn’t available in the UK but there is a Hydration kit and it is available at Selfridges.
My Thoughts & Reviews –LE Too Faced Salted Caramel Eyeshadow Palette; the powders in this palette blend quite nicely and have very little fall out which I really liked. Each shade is pigmented well and even the cream matte is decently pigmented, perfectly used as a primer underneath or to shape the brow bone. The scented powder really does smell just like salted caramel and is quite delicious, it isn’t too strong and it’s quite nice to smell as I apply the shades. I love the mini size tin case the palette is packaged in, it is very handy to take traveling, and I am enjoying the combination of the colours.
–LE Tatcha Pore Perfecting & Protecting Set; I feel like this is the perfect set to try out if you’re new to the brand and especially if you have dry skin. With your face, lips, under eyes and prep for makeup all taken care of in this kit, you can’t really go wrong. The Water Cream is an all-time fave of mine, it is so hydrating, soft, fast absorbing and never leaves the skin feeling oily or dried out. Highly recommend this set or ones like it from Tatcha.
–Laneige Hydration-To-Go For Normal to Dry Skin Kit; this k-beauty skincare brand is fast becoming my favourite skincare brand! The water-based formulas is a science my skin is absolutely loving. I really enjoy the water bank moisture cream, it is soft, buttery in texture and always soaks so easily into my skin, leaving it feeling hydrated and soft each application, the magic is that it lasts so long! If you follow my page on Instagram, you’ll know that I’m a huge fan of the multi deep cleanser, well this kit has a terrific moisturising cleanser as well and it always leaves my face feeling so supple. If you have normal-to-dry skin, I highly recommend this.
Thank you for reading and checking out my part one of the Coco and Chino’s Holiday Gift Guide 2020. Stay tuned for another part to the guide and a further post on these featured products for a more in-depth look.
INTRODUCING; a brand new cruelty free and vegan Full Coverage Complexion range from one of my faves, BYS Cosmetics. This is a new line of varied products featuring a full coverage foundation, a full coverage camouflage concealer, three colour correcting camouflage concealers; a pink one for covering dark spots, a yellow one for brightening under eye area and a green for reducing redness. It also features a full coverage pressed powder with a matte base. Each product is formulated with skincare in mind, and each item contains hyaluronic acid for added hydration and nourishment. I’ve been testing them all out over the past couple of months and I want to dive right in to my thoughts and other information on the range. To start with, you can see the entire range below..
PRODUCT PACKAGING, SHADES, FORMULA’S & SIZES – full coverage foundation 30ml in shades; ‘Ivory’, ‘Natural Beige’, ‘Medium Beige’ and ‘Sand Beige’. Housed in a clear glass slimline round 30ml tube, with a rose gold lid and pump action. Infused with vitamin E, hyaluronic acid, aloe vera and coconut water for a silky smooth, skin-perfecting matte finish with a full coverage.
– full coverage camouflage concealer 3.5ml in shades; ‘Ivory’, ‘Natural Beige’, ‘Medium Beige’, ‘Sand Beige’, ‘Pink’, ‘Yellow’ and ‘Green’. Housed in a clear glass slim tube with 3.5ml net weight of product, rose gold lid and a soft doe-foot wand applicator attached inside lid. Formula is also infused with vitamin E, hyaluronic acid, coconut water and aloe vera. Providing a silky, soft matte but dewy finish that is a flawless full coverage.
– full coverage pressed powder matte base 8g in shades; ‘Ivory’, ‘Light Beige’, ‘Medium Beige’, ‘Natural Beige’ and ‘Sand Beige’. Housed in a round rose gold plastic compact base with a clear click-in closure clip lid, holding 8 gram of pressed powder in the pan and the formula is also infused with vitamin E, hyaluronic acid, coconut water and aloe vera. With a smooth, silky, shine-free matte finish that is full coverage.
MY THOUGHTS AND REVIEW; I have been trialing this entire collection over the past few months and I have a lot of in-depth thoughts, so let’s dive in! Let’s start with the full coverage foundation; the bottle is a glass slimline round tube design with a rose gold lid with pump action dispenser. I love a pump action foundation as it makes it so easy to apply to your brush/sponge or fingers. The formula is very thin and creamy, it sits lightweight on the skin and feels like you’re not really wearing anything at all. It instantly has that flawless full coverage and feels hydrating on the skin, it has a matte but semi dewy finish. it’s so full coverage that a little bit goes a long way and if you want to set it, you can easily do that using a translucent powder. I use the shade ‘Ivory’ and it’s a perfect neutral fair tone which I’m stoked about! PRO’S: the finish is SO gorgeous, it’s flawless, literally. It is full coverage, has a beautiful silky matte dewy-ness to it that feels hydrating. It’s lightweight and feels very comfy on. Longevity; it lasts and lasts! I wear mine for up to six hours at each wear and it doesn’t need to be touched up anywhere. It sits so perfect on my skin. Think the same coverage & quality as the Anastasia Beverly Hills Flawless Foundation but without the huge price tag! This full coverage foundation from BYS Cosmetics; retails for just $11.95 AUD and has 30ml of liquid product inside. CONS: the only cons I can recognise is the fact that I have broke out with one pimple sometimes after I wear the foundation, and the other con is I think it needs a shade range expansion and become available in more darker shades to suit different skin tones. With the pimple breaking out, I can’t be sure but I will bet it may be the coconut water in the formula that may congest the pores a tad. Everything else is perfection. In fact I am SO impressed with the foundation, I am already planning to purchase another bottle. I’ll even go on to say it’s my favourite foundation to have come out that I’ve tried in the last year.
Onto the camouflage concealers; the texture of these are that they’re a creamy consistency as well, much like the foundation but a tad bit thicker. PRO’S: it goes on well using the doe-foot wand (which is ultra soft by the way) and a little bit goes a long way, I just apply small dots under my eye area and blend it out easily using my Zoeva concealer buffer brush. I have the shade ‘Ivory’ and it suits my skin tone perfectly! They’re infused with the same gorgeous ingredients of hyaluronic acid, aloe vera, coconut water and vitamin E. CONS: The shades for skin tones in these could be extended as well since they’re currently only available in the same ones as the foundation disregarding the colour correcting ones. That is the only con of the camouflage concealers.
Going onto the last but not least, full coverage matte base pressed powders; I found the coverage of this powder to be a little more medium-to-full coverage rather than instantly full coverage, but I think that’s easy to do with pressed powders. The shade I use is ‘Ivory’ and it suited my skin perfectly, so I was very happy with that. PRO’S: it can easily be built up and layered for a fuller even complexion, the powder is definitely silky soft and feels very lightweight and comfy on. My skin really liked it too, it lasts many hours, much like the liquid full coverage foundation. I really enjoy the soft finish it provides and how it looks, it’s definitely shine-free and creates a lovely smooth matte look. CONS: there isn’t really any downfall at all to this powder, the only thing is the shade range again, it could definitely be extended to further darker shades. Other than the shade range limitation, this entire collection is perfection! Well done to BYS on a lovely base range that is up there with the high end brands and great quality performers, yet even better because they’re available at affordable prices! A definite WIN. So for the ultimate question you may be wondering, would I repurchase these?; For the foundation, the main camouflage concealer in ‘Ivory’ and the pressed powder, the answer is a definite yes!
WORLDWIDE AVAILABILITY –full coverage complexion range availability;
Thank you for reading my in depth and thorough review on this lovely hydrating complexion range from BYS Cosmetics. If you’ve tried this range yourself, I’d love to hear what you thought of it also. Comment below and I will reply.
Disclaimer; this full coverage complexion range was sent in to me for consideration with no obligation to post, it is not sponsored or paid for. All views and opinions are solely my own.
INTRODUCING; the brand new complexion range to come from Ulta 3! The Second Skin range features: the Second Skin Foundation Radiant Finish, Second Skin Concealer, Second Skin Pressed Powders, Base Boost Hydrating Drops and the Base Boost Brightening Drops. A new base range that is designed & formulated to be light-weight, hydrating and feel like your own skin. As if you’re not wearing any foundation at all.
Products, Textures & Formula – Second Skin Foundation Radiant Finish; the second skin foundation radiant finish is a liquid foundation that infused with jojoba oil, argan oil and vitamin B5. Packaged in a tall round glass bottle of size 35ml, it has a soft doe-foot applicator attached to the inside of the lid. Designed to achieve a radiant finish with a medium coverage. I found one layer creates exactly that, a nice medium coverage with a slightly dewy finish. Two layers definitely achieved a more medium-to-full coverage and was a tad bit dewier. – Second Skin Concealer; the concealer is formulated with jojoba oil and vitamin E. It comes housed in a round plastic thin tube of size 6ml. It is very creamy, not too thick, easily blends out and covers my under-eye area very nicely. It has a pleasant coconut scent and it’s not strong, just perfect. – Second Skin Pressed Powders; the powders are very finely milled. They feel ultra soft, are micro-finishing and has a pleasant coconut scent to them that is very subtle. They give off a light matte effect, smooth & set foundation for a flawless finish. They’re a vegan formula that is paraben free, cruelty free and sulfate free. They’re both 18g in size. – Base Boost Hydrating Drops; the base boost hydrating drops are to provide a skin-boosted look, the formula is infused with hyaluronate acid and witch hazel extract, and they’re designed to be used on their own or mixed with foundation for a customised dewy finish. It is also a vegan formula that is cruelty free and comes in a 15ml size. – Base Boost Brightening Drops; the base boost brightening drops is formulated with vitamin E, vitamin B3 and super fine reflective particles. They’re created to brighten complexion, either on their own or mixed with a foundation to achieve a naturally luminous & radiant glow. They provide a gorgeous luminous glow for any created look. The brightening drops come in a 15ml size.
Worldwide Prices & Availability – Second Skin Foundation Radiant Finish 35ml; Australia; $11.95 AUD Available; online at Ulta3 and in-store at select pharmacies.
My Thoughts & First Impressions – Second Skin Foundation Radiant Finish 35ml; this is a lovely formulated foundation that features jojoba oil, argan oil and vitamin B5. It is very nice on the skin and doesn’t feel heavy. It comes in a nice 35ml slim round glass bottle which has a doe-foot applicator attached to its lid for easy application. The dot-foot is fluffy and large for perfect drops on the skin, the lid of the bottle acts as the handle. I would say the foundation easily achieves a radiant finish and has a medium coverage, one that can be built up. One layer of the foundation creates a dewy light-to-medium coverage, another layer made the finish very radiant and dewy, it felt hydrating and provided a medium coverage.
– Second Skin Concealer 6ml; I love how creamy this concealer is, it comes housed in a thin slimline round clear plastic 6ml tube and has a coconut scent, which is very pleasant. It is infused with jojoba oil and vitamin E, it covers the under-eye very nicely and isn’t too thick.
– Second Skin Pressed Powders 18g; the pressed powders are both very finely milled, they each feel very soft and fluffy light. They both feel very silky smooth in texture and sit lightly on the skin, they both create such a lovely velvety soft matte finish and also have that same pleasant coconut scent. I even love using the powder in ‘Light’ on it’s own, and the translucent one over the top of any foundation.
– Base Boost Hydrating Drops 15ml; the base boost hydrating drops are formulated with hyaluronic acid and Witch Hazel extract, the drops can be used by themselves or mixed in with foundations or primers to achieve a nice dewy finish. It is cruelty free and is vegan. It always achieves a dewy and radiant finished look. If you feel like your skin is dull and dry, this is the perfect boost. It reminds me of a serum, and it has Niacinamide in it as well.
– Base Boost Brightening Drops 15ml; the base boost brightening drops are formulated with vitamin E, vitamin B3 and super fine reflective particles. They’re designed to be used either on their own or mixed in with a primer or foundation to give a radiant, brightened look. I love the glisten glow these drops provide and I love using them to highlight with after my makeup look. They’re also great to use on a no makeup day, to give a boost in glow to the skin and create the no-makeup/makeup look.
This wraps up the post, I hope you have enjoyed learning and reading more about this range from one of my faves, Ulta3! I am constantly impressed by their releases and so happy they’re such an affordable brand and I honestly feel like they’re super underrated, if you haven’t checked out their line before but have been curious, definitely check them out next time you’re at the pharmacy or feel like doing a spot of new makeup shopping. You’ll be glad you did!
Disclaimer; the above products were sent in for my consideration without obligation to post. All thoughts are honest and opinions are genuinely my own, this post is not paid for.