Introducing the brand new Luxe Defining Lipstick range from one of my top faves, Bobbi Brown! Bobbi Brown recently launched a new range of power pigmented lipsticks that are in pencil-tube form with a self-sharpening tip for defined and precise application. The launched range comes available in a multitude of shades, with the longevity of wear lasting hours with 12hr moisture! The shades range go from neutrals, to warm reds, to cool nudes. There is really something for everyone and I can tell already these babies are going to the top of my faves list quickly.
Product, Texture & Formula – Bobbi Brown Luxe Defining Lipstick 6ml; the luxe defining lipsticks are formulated with carnauba wax, offers a creamy matte, power pigmented colour payoff that also nourishes the lips and has up to 12hr moisture. They have a lip-sculpting tip that self-sharpens within use, they can define a look or redesign one. They’re perfect for a exact application with defined edges and has the glide of a lipstick with the precision of a pen. The texture is so soft & creamy with a matte finish. The lipsticks come in 6ml size and last a very long time. The packaging is a slimline pen shaped, gold metallic case, with a clip-on lid and a twist up dispensary.
My Thoughts & First Impressions
I firstly was drawn to the gorgeous packaging the lipsticks are encased in, the gorgeous metallic chrome tube and twist up dispensary is so easy to use and the texture of these babies are so creamy, smooth and matte. I love the intense colour payoff, there is complete opaque pigment from the one swipe glide of these! I love that the lipsticks tip is like that of a pencil and they self-sharpen within use, that is amazing! I love the easy twist up and the sturdy clip on lids, they’re perfect for taking traveling (when that can resume again) and have become a quick favourite in my go-to rotation. I am always excited about all of Bobbi Brown’s releases, I can’t stress enough the quality of their products.. they’re always top notch and perform fantastically.
Would I Restock?
That has to be a solid definite yes! I have fallen in love with this new release lipstick range from Bobbi Brown, the colour payoff is second to none and the smooth, creamy matte formula is so addictive! I love the way they feel on the lips, the comfortability and the hydration. They feel very nourishing and light while on, they also last for hours and hours. The range also comes in a variety of shades to suit everybody, from warm reds, to cool tone neutrals and in between. I love this release and I highly recommend checking out these gorgeous lippies!
Disclaimer; the products in this blog post were sent in to me for my consideration with no obligation to post, despite being gifted that does not alter my review in any way, all views and thoughts are honest and my own. This is a non-paid for blog post that I decided to publish on my own.
WELCOME; to part two of my annual Coco and Chino’sChristmas Holiday Gift Guide 2020! This part two edition of the guide features latest holiday releases from brands NARS, MAC Cosmetics and Maison Margiela, covering eyeshadow and fragrances for the beauty lovers and scent lovers in your life. I always get so excited for the releases at MECCA during the holiday season! Take the Limited Edition Afterglow & Orgasm Lip Gold Pouch set for instance, it was curated specifically for the holiday set. It features 12 gorgeous warm neutral tones combined with some vibrant shades too, I hadn’t had anything like this colour story in my collection so I had to have this. Let’s take a closer look at it with swatches included..
Products, Textures & Formula’s – NARS Afterglow LE Eye Shadow Palette & Lip Gloss + Pouch Kit; 12 stunning warm neutral toned shades that range from warm to frosty pinks, warm burnt oranges and browns. It contains a variety of mattes, satin and metallic shimmers. So many looks can be created with this one. The powder is so easy to blend and the colour payoff is lovely. Not only that, the gold shiny makeup pouch is gorgeous and so smooth with a zipper. The lip gloss that comes included in the kit is in the shade ‘Orgasm’, one of NARS signature colours. It is non-sticky and is mostly transparent with a hint of the shade, so you can get away with wearing this one for everyday wear if you wanted to. Take a closer look at the kit and gloss below..
– MAC Cosmetics Grand Spectacle LE Eye Shadow Palette 2.4g; featuring a massive 25 shades in many finishes! The variety of colours is extended in this palette, going from reds, to silvers, to golds, to smokey hues, to matte browns and blue. This palette really stood out to me because of the extensive shade option it possesses and anyone who has used MAC shadows before, know that their shimmers are to die for! I couldn’t help myself with this, I HAD to have it! Each shade has a name to match the releases ‘holiday’ theme. Take a closer look at it below with swatches included..
– Maison Margiela LE Replica Memory Box Set 10x2ml; with a lovely assortment of scents to choose from, this limited edition holiday set is amazing value! Featuring 10 of their most popular fragrances, Replica is a trip down memory lane with familiar scents and moments of varying locations and periods. Be transported from the fireplace straight to springtime in a floral garden, this set has something for everyone. It also contains the famous jazz club and sailing day scents the design house is known for. Take a closer look below..
Worldwide Prices & Availability –NARS Afterglow Eye Shadow Palette, Lip Gloss + Pouch; Australia: $45 (on sale) – $90 AUD Available: online and in-store at Mecca.
My Thoughts & First Impressions – NARS LE Afterglow Eye Shadow Palette, Orgasm Lip Gloss & Pouch; I think this great value for money, not only do you get a full size eye shadow palette, and a full size golden smooth makeup pouch with zipper, but you get a mini lip gloss in ‘Orgasm’ shade as well. It is a perfect little holiday kit and at a massively reduced fraction of the normal full price. The lip gloss is non-sticky, has a nice hint of colour and feels hydrating on the lips. I haven’t tested length of wear yet but I will follow up on that in another post. The eyeshadow powders are very pigmented and deliver a very decent colour payoff.. I think the warm undertones and neutral colours are so pretty with pops of vibrant colour too. The pouch is a sleek, silky smooth plastic zip-up one and is a lovely metallic gold colour.
– MAC Cosmetics LE Grand Spectacle Eye Palette 2.4g; I was initially drawn to this by the variety of sharp colours it features and the gorgeous shimmers! I have always wanted a palette that offers a bold red, blue and silver with a nice champagne gold and copper shade as well, and this is EXACTLY that! It is everything I want in a palette. I’m so glad I picked it up as it sold out very quickly, as was expected. MAC shadows, particularly shimmer shades, are very pigmented and deliver a nice intense cover. I can picture many looks I can create with this one and I look forward to posting further content on this beauty.
– Maison Margiela LE Memory Box Set 10x2ml; this is the first time I have ever tried the Maison Margiela fragrances and I thought this set was the perfect introduction. As soon as I saw it and the very generous pricing it had at MECCA, I was determined to pick it up in my holiday purchases. It encapsulates the very popular and familiar scents from their line and the 2ml size is perfect to try-out. I always love getting mini sizes of new-to-me ranges so I can determine whether I would end up eventually buying the full size if I love them as much to do so. Another reason I love holiday season, for all the mini sets and kits to try new brands. I think my faves so far from this set have to be the Springtime in the Park, Beach Walk, Under The Lemon Trees and of course, By The Fireplace. The entire selection is a lovely pickings and I’m very glad I managed to snap this up! Stay tuned for a in-depth review on some of my selected favourites from this set.
That is all for now in this part two of my holiday gift guide, I thank you for reading and I hope you picked up some handy recommendations for gifts to give others or to treat yourself. But I would be quick if you can, these limited edition releases don’t last long, especially online. Have you picked up any of the above products for yourself? Disclaimer; all of the products featured in this post were bought with my own money and all opinions & thoughts are my own.
Introducing one of my favourite fragrance scents from the popular Jo Malone London. This is the first fragrance that I ever tried from JML and I am hooked! It is such a stunning mixture of notes and it’s clear to see why it is one of the top sold scents from the range. If you haven’t already tested out this one and you get a chance to, I highly recommend it. In this blog post, I wished to talk about the finer details of this beauty, including the note range, inspiration behind it, all the way down to the packaging.
Let’s begin talking about the notes, starting with the top down to the base. There is a lovely floral section that is so soft and pretty, the select flowers are perfect together. There are so many things I love about this fragrance, and yes, I am already planning on a back up. My current bottle (one seen in this blog post) is now only half full, it is my go-to and I wear it everywhere.
Top; crisp red apple Middle; jasmine, peonies in fresh bloom, carnation, gillyflower and rose Base; luxurious blush suede
It’s that type of fragrance that has to be smelt in person to truly understand how delightful the mix of these notes are. The blend is stunning and spectacular! There is a reason this fragrance has 215 reviews for 5 stars, it is such a gorgeous one that will be forever loved I feel. Let’s start talking about the other finer details.
Product & Packaging – Jo Malone London Peony & Blush Suede 50ml; the fragrance is housed in a clear, smooth glass 50ml bottle with a beige cream bordered labelling on the front. The font is black text clearly written with the title at the in the centre. The lid is a shiny silver round knob with an embossed edge design, it is absolutely stunning and the simplicity of this design is perfect. It is a spray spritz cologne, so the silver top has a nozzle it easily can be pressed and sprayed out of. I love the secure lid that clicks as it goes on and it’s quite perfect to take traveling with as well. I find the 50ml is a great size as it’s not too heavy or bulky, as the 100ml can be sometimes, depending on your situation. The product is made in England and ‘Jo Malone London’ the brand also originates from the UK, as you can tell in the title ‘London’.
Worldwide Prices & Availability
– Jo Malone London Peony & Blush Suede 50ml; Australia: $106 AUD – 30ml, $145 AUD – 50ml and $212 AUD – 100ml Available: online and in-store at Jo Malone Australia, Myer, Mecca and David Jones.
My Thoughts & Review
I am in love with this fragrance and I will forever buy it. It is stunning, absolute perfection, I’m the kind that enjoys floral scents as long as it’s subdued and not too strong and this is that. It blends out so perfectly but has a lovely musk after scent that lasts all day/night long. It is such a beautiful concoction of notes and it’s easily been one of Jo Malone London‘s top selling fragrances over the past few years. I am SO glad I discovered it and it’s the first scent from them I had ever tried, as I mentioned above earlier. Now there is three Jo Malone fragrances in my collection and I’ll update you in an upcoming post which other scents I have since added to my dresser. Would I repurchase? – without any doubt! I have already started planning to get a backup for when my current one runs out. It is THAT good and it’s fast become my top favourite fragrance out of all fragrances and it’s my go-to, I wear it everywhere. I hope you have found this blog review insightful and if you were ever curious about this one, I highly recommend checking it out, you might be able to get a sample from one of the David Jones or Myer counters, or even at Mecca too.
Disclaimer; all products mentioned and featured in this blog post were purchased with my own money, and all thoughts and opinions are my own, as always.