Introducing my recent Charlotte Tilbury purchase of the Beautiful Skin Sun-Kissed Glow Bronzer in the shade ‘Fair’. It’s a release I previewed and couldn’t resist picking up when it came out. In what is a truly unique formula, this is fast becoming a fave bronzer for many! It has a lovely neutral undertone that would suit a lot of skin tones, it comes available in four different shades as well. Here is an in-depth look at it, with swatches included, let’s get into it..
Product, Texture & Formula – Charlotte Tilbury Beautiful Skin Sun-Kissed Glow Bronzer 21g; this gorgeous bronzer comes in a gold chrome plastic compact with built-in mirror and has a maroon pattern over the top lid, it is a net weight of 21 grams which is a lot of product for a bronzer. It is formulated with hyaluronic acid to lock in moisture and hydrate the skin, sunshine provitamin D3 that converts to vitamin D when exposed directly to sunlight for an even sun-kissed glow, finely milled pearls to reflect light and illuminate the skin, elastomer polymer which glides over the skin for a second-skin feel, soft-focussing silica for a smooth appearance and feel of the skin, helping to reduce wrinkles and fine lines, film-forming resin that acts as a magic shield to seal in the skincare benefits, to improve the look of skin instantly and over time, it also has silky polymers for a flawless, even coverage of the face and body. That is also a great point to make; this bronzer is designed for the body as well as the face, meaning you can use it to contour or glow any part you wish to. It comes available in four different sun-filled day shades: Fair, Medium, Tan and Deep. One was sold every 30 seconds on release day! It is largely sold out online now worldwide but I am hearing some stores in Singapore have it and it’s still available in three shades (Fair is unfortunately sold out at the moment) online at Charlotte Tilbury’s website. To take a much closer look at it, check out the swatch and close-up shots below..
Worldwide Prices & Availability –Charlotte Tilbury Beautiful Skin Sun-Kissed Glow Bronzer 21g; Australia: $75 AUD Available: online at Charlotte Tilbury.
My Thoughts & Impressions – Charlotte Tilbury Beautiful Skin Sun-Kissed Glow Bronzer 21g; firstly I think I have never felt a texture quite like this one before, it’s so unique that it is just like a cream and powder rolled into one.. their filmstar duo is very smooth & creamy but this bronzer is a tad bit more smooth. I put it to the polymer, soft-focussing silica and film-forming resin.. never seen anything like it before. The way it blends on to the skin is amazing, it is effortlessly applied.. it just glides on so silky smooth. I have worn it for 6hrs with no issues, so it goes quite the distance in wear. I haven’t tested it beyond that timeframe because frankly, I don’t wear makeup for more than around 6-8 hrs at any given time, which I dare say is the norm for most people who wear makeup. I love the really neutral undertone that this one has, it would suit a lot of varying skin tones, and each shade available would have the neutral undertone I would think. One thing to mention; a little bit goes a long way! So you only need to work with a light-hand and start off with less and work your way up to achieve your acquired look. If you love smooth creamy makeup looks, this is perfection for that exact result. In terms of ‘glowing’ skin, I feel like in a way of contouring and emphasising your high points of your face, this does it perfectly however it may not be the ‘glowing’ you might think it is referring to, but that may differ for everyone. I feel like it does reflect light but I haven’t tested it out on photos yet, I shall do that and update you. Repurchase? oh 100% yes! It ticks a lot of boxes when it comes to my personal bronzer and contouring acquired results I want to achieve. It’s a definite yes! The biggest thing I love about this new release is two things, the formula; it is stunning and so silky smooth. secondly the size; it’s so BIG and will last a long time, and I feel the price is reflective of this and is quite reasonable for the net weight, plus the packaging with built-in mirror.
Disclaimer: this product was purchased by myself with my own money, it is not sponsored in any way and not paid for. It is a product I’ve chosen to post about and feature on my platforms.
Introducing my recent Sephora haul from the Sephora Member’s Sale in May 2022! Featuring Fenty Skin, Laneige, Murad and Makeup By Mario. I had not tried Fenty Skin yet so I figured this sale opportunity was a great way to finally try it out, so I selected the travel size set. The Laneige duo set is a cute way to try their new Cica Sleeping Mask and I already enjoy the Cream Skin Toner & Moisturiser so it was a great bargain pick up. I also picked up another two lipsticks from Makeup By Mario, I got another ultra suede matte lipstick in shade ‘Alicia’ and picked up my first ultra suede cozy lip creme in ‘Nude Suede’. I used my reward points to get the Murad clarifying oil-free water gel.
Products, Textures & Formula’s – Fenty Skin Start’r Set; Total Cleans’r 45ml, Fat Water Toner 50ml, Hydra Vizor Moisturizer 30ml & Butta Drop Whipped Oil Body Cream 8ml; the cleanser is a soft light beige-pink cream that has a recognisable cherry-coconut scent (reminds me of the scent of the Carmex lip treatments), it lathers fast on the skin and feels light, it is infused with Ginkgo Biloba extract, it is creamy and soft on the skin, it also claims to be a makeup, dirt, excess oil remover, it comes in a light pastel purple 45ml tube (also available in the full 145ml size). The toner is housed in a orange-translucent 50ml (also available in a full 150ml size) plastic bottle, the consistency is a non-sticky, clear, thickened gel-like, toner-serum hybrid, that absorbs kind of fast into the barrier of your skin, it has a recognisable scent of lemon-vanilla with a hint of Barbados cherry, it is infused with Australian lemon myrtle and niacinamide – known to pore-refine, it also contains witch hazel. The hydra vizor spf 30 moisturizer comes in a 30ml hardened frosted plastic bottle and is dispensed with a pump action lid & spout, it is a more light-medium pink cream moisturizer that absorbs well, the fragrance in this one is a very distinctive cherry scent with a twist of citrus & melon, its pleasant but a tad stronger in this moisturizer than the previous two products mentioned above here (they now have a fragrance-free version available). It is infused with kalahari melon – an antioxidant rich extract that hydrates the skin, niacinamide – a pore-refining vitamin B3 that reduces uneven skin-tone and diminishes dullness. The butta drop whipped oil body cream is infused with shea butter, mango butter and seven luxe oils; jojoba, sunflower, baobab, rice bran, coconut, and sorrel, it also contains Barbados Cherry extract which is full of vitamin C. It comes in a 200ml and 75ml plastic tub (or 8ml sample sachet) and won the Allure Best of Beauty award in 2021, it has a scent of tropical flowers but the aroma fades after a while, the consistency is very thick, soft, buttery and instantly smooths the skin.
– Laneige Cream Skin Toner & Moisturizer 50ml & Cica Sleeping Mask 15ml; the cream skin toner and moisturizer comes in a frosted clear plastic 50ml bottle with a round spout on top, it is infused with white leaf tea water, meadowfoam seed oil and glycerin – which locks in moisture. It is formulated to soften and intensely moisturize, it acts as a 2-in-1 hybrid, softening the skin like a toner and hydrating like a moisturizer. It is for normal to dry skin. The cica sleeping mask is a soft creamy texture that is super light on your skin, it is infused with tea tree leaf oil, cypress leaf extract, cica forest yeast – designed to strengthen the skin barrier, panthenol and squalane – to hydrate and brighten. It works while you sleep, a little goes a long way, so only apply a little and smooth out across your face, rinsing off any residue the next morning, revealing brighter, fresh, softer skin. It comes housed in a medium forest green 15ml (or full size 60ml) plastic tub with screw off lid.
– Murad Clarifying Oil-Free Water Gel 5ml; the oil-free water gel moisturizer is formulated with Korean red pine leaf extract that helps support healthier-looking skin, ginger root extract which reduces skin roughness, smooths and reduces uneven skin tone, and hyaluronic acid which hydrates, comforts and nourishes the skin. It comes in a white plastic tube 5ml sample bottle (also available in a full 50ml size) with a pump action dispenser and clear plastic clip-in lid, it has a blue foreground behind the title font. It’s to be applied in the morning and night, it can be used on the face, neck and chest. The consistency is a light weighted watered gel that is non-greasy and has a very light blue hue. It instantly smooths and softens the skin. This water gel contains an innovative technology that disrupts bacteria’s communication and disallow it to form a group, preventing it from imbalancing the skin barrier.
– Makeup By Mario Ultra Suede Matte Lipstick in ‘Alicia’ 4g & Ultra Suede Cozy Lip Creme in ‘Nude Suede’ 3.2ml; the ultra suede matte lipstick in ‘Alicia’ is a warm classic red with a yellow undertone, its texture is a creamy smooth ultra suede matte that is infused with passionfruit seed oil, rosehip oil, carnauba wax, and kaolin. It comes available in 20 shades and is housed in a frosted smooth white plastic bullet with magnetic clip lid to seal shut when not in use, it has the title emblazoned in black font and comes in a product net weight of 4g, which is quite larger than most classic bullet lipsticks. The ultra suede cozy lip creme is formulated with passionfruit seed oil, kaolin and has a creamy soft mousse texture that glides easily onto lips. It comes packaged in a frosted black plastic tube with a applicator wand lid, fitted with a soft thick doe-foot for comfortable application, the lid twists and clicks shut tightly. The finish is a soft, matte creamy texture where one layer does the job.
–Makeup By Mario Ultra Suede Matte Lipstick 4g & Ultra Suede Cozy Lip Creme 3.2ml; Australia: $37 – $42 AUD Available: online and in-store at Sephora Australia and online at Makeup By Mario. Hint – it’s $5 cheaper to buy at Sephora Australia.
My Thoughts & Impressions – Fenty Skin Start’r Refresh Travel Size Skincare Set; lets start with the Total Cleans’r; it is a silky smooth and creamy-gel texture, feels slightly viscous, it lathers nicely and is both water and oil based, it has a light pink/beige appearance and has a very mild fragrance that is really pleasant. I would say it smells like Barbados cherries and vanilla, it comes in a light pastel lavender purple tube of 45ml in net weight. It cleanses makeup off quite well and removes dirt, leaving a smoother and softer face. I personally need to double cleanse (using this & another separate cleanser) if I’m removing makeup and cleansing my face in my skincare routine, however if I’m wearing no makeup, I can get away with one application cleanse using this. Repurchase? It is a nice cleanser but I think I have others I like more that are already out there. Maybe if I was just travelling I would stay buying the travel size. Onto the Fat Water toner; it is a thicker texture between a serum and a toner, it is very silky smooth and tones the skin quite well. I love the scent personally, it is similar to the cleanser, it has a mild vanilla-cherry scent and I enjoy how it makes me skin look & feel after each use. It comes in a clear bottle with orange hue and a light pastel purple screw on lid, in a 50ml size. Repurchase? Yes, I would repurchase this one, and probably the full size too. Hydra Vizor; this is a creamy soft texture and has a light pink appearance. This one is scented and it smells slightly stronger than the other products in this set, it is just like Barbados cherries. It blends into the skin nicely, a little goes a long way too. It is SPF 15 and comes in a light lavender pastel purple pump action bottle with 30ml of product. It is truly an invisible moisturiser, it blends out clear and does not feel sticky or oily. I enjoy the way it makes my skin feel but I feel like I have other moisturisers I love maybe a little more. Repurchase? I probably wouldn’t, just because I already have other moisturisers that have a higher SPF rating that have no scent. Butta Drop Whipped Oil Body Cream; this is so lush and softening, I enjoy the suppleness and softness it provides my skin, it has a lovely tropical scent with hints of Barbados cherry and vanilla, as well as coconut, I found the scent mild and not too strong. The shea butter and jojoba oil in this is amazing, I found it blended into my skin nicely and always hydrated it. Repurchase? Yes, I would repurchase this body cream, it is truly beautiful! So my fave picks from this set are definitely the Fat Water toner serum and the Butta Drop Whipped Oil Body Cream.
– Makeup By Mario Ultra Suede Matte Lipstick in ‘Alicia’ & Ultra Suede Cozy Lip Creme in ‘Nude Suede; I adore the ultra suede matte formula lipstick, it glides onto the lips so smoothly and is highly pigmented. I enjoy how long they wear for too, I would love to get another colour in this range. It comes in a matte frosted white metal classic bullet tube that twists up and has a magnetic lid that clips shut, it also has a generous 4g net weight of product. Repurchase? yes, I definitely would! I’m ready to pick up some more colours too. Onto the ultra suede cozy lip creme; it’s very velvety smooth and matte, it lasts a long time on the lips and I enjoy the coverage it gives with just one coat. Repurchase? definitely! I would love to pick up some other colours in this formula as well.
– Murad Clarifying Oil-Free Water Gel; this has to be one of my favourites from this haul! It has a lovely silky smooth gel texture that easily absorbs into the skin and blends into it nicely, it instantly feels moisturising and softens my skin. I think it cleared my face up well and fast, I really enjoy using this. Repurchase? yes indeed! I definitely would and I would in fact buy the larger size, it’s that good. I think it would be great for all skin types as well.
– Laneige Cream Skin Toner & Moisturizer & Cica Sleeping Mask; the cream skin toner & moisturiser is so good! I love the results Im getting from this toner, it softens my skin, makes it feel hydrated and it looks clearer. I enjoy using this and my skin seems to love it too. Repurchase? yes, I would indeed! Onto the Cica Sleeping Mask; this was a product I was so interested in trying as I had seen so many good reviews of it. I’ve only used this twice so far so I can’t really do a full review yet but the two times I did use it, I loved how supple and soft my face felt the next day. I feel like a little bit goes a long way so you don’t need to put too much of a coating of it over your skin, you want it to really sink in. Repurchase? I’m undecided, I like it but not sure if I would get so much use out of it to warrant a repurchase.
That concludes my full post review of all the products in my latest Sephora Members Sale haul. I hope you have enjoyed reading and learning more about the featured products that I picked up in my recent shopping haul, and I hope I’ve helped you select which ones you too, would be interested in trying out, and where you can find them. As always, I try to be as thorough as I can. A lot of consumers have mentioned the fragrances in the Fenty Skin range and I actually like a tad of fragrance in my products as long as they’re not causing sensitivity to my skin or become overbearing and I feel Fenty Skin’s are totally fine and mild (with exception to the Hydra Vizor). I’m forever a fan of Murad and Laneige, they never fail to impress me. And Makeup By Mario is a brand I have only recently discovered and I am absolutely loving! I will also mention that his range of shades and tones are very smart and inclusive, they’re also very natural and suit lots of skin tones. I love that about a brand. Stay tuned for my next post coming up about the gorgeous Galen authentic leather makeup bag from Turkey and a post on the new Laneige Blue Hyaluronic Water skincare range.
Disclaimer: all the products featured in this blog post were fully purchased by myself from the Sephora Member’s Sale and all thoughts and impressions mentioned are my honest opinions of the products at hand. This post is not sponsored and not paid for.
WELCOME; to my annual Coco and Chino’sChristmas Holiday Gift Guide 2021! Here I will be going through in guide-form, my top holiday gift picks for this holiday season. This years’ picks are from Too Faced, Hourglass, Cerave and Lanolips, covering a wide variety of beauty categories. To take a look at what my selections are this year, just look below..
Products, Textures & Formula’s – Limited Edition Too Faced Christmas Coffee Eye Shadow Palette 6.7g; with eight tasty shades that is sure to warm you up on a cool night, it will get you through the winter months and you can create a multitude of looks with this bite-sized eye shadow palette. With a mixture of mattes and shimmers, it gives you the perfect balance and all shades are nicely pigmented. From top-to-bottom and left-to-right, the shade names are titled: ‘Kool Whip‘ – a light warm cream matte, ‘Warm Me Up‘ – a soft caramel-brown matte, ‘Cinnamon Chai‘ – a deep red-brown terracotta, ‘Holly Sh*t‘ – sparkling forest-green shimmer, ‘Brew-tiful Day‘ – peach-pink matte, ‘Slow Roasted‘ – rustic copper metallic, ‘Candy Cane Latte‘ – cranberry-red metallic and ‘Christmas Coffee‘ – a rich deep brown matte. This size palette is also ideal for taking on trips and touching up on a night out, etc. Take a closer look below..
– Cerave Hydrating Cream-to-Foam Cleanser 236ml; perfect for normal-to-dry skin and people with sensitive skin, this cleanser is infused with hyaluronic acid for ultimate hydration, it has an amino acid based surfactant that lathers into a gentle foam and easily removes oil, makeup, dirt and any SPF residue from the skin. It also includes ceramides to maintain the skin’s barrier, and their own patented MVE technology that continually releases moisturising ingredients overtime for 24hrs. It can also be used on hands, body as well as the face. It’s quite easy to use, just massage gentle into lukewarm wet skin before rinsing well. It is soap-free, paraben-free, non-comedogenic, fragrance-free and pH balanced. To check out some photos of the cleanser and texture of the cream, take a look below..
– Limited Edition Hourglass Ambient Lighting Edit Universe Face Palette 5.4g; the new annual Ambient Lighting Edit face palette for 2021 is here! Featuring four brand new shades of blush, bronzer and highlighter are limited edition and create the most flattering light source for looks and photography. The powders create such a beautiful celestial glow, they’re all hand-made in Italy and are such universal shades that they would suit most skin tones. The photoluminescent technology allows the powders to capture, diffuse and soften surrounding light to help blur imperfections and refine the skin’s appearance. The two ambient strobe lighting blush shades are: ‘Vibrant Heat‘ – a very vibrant soft mid pink and ‘Luminous Rose‘ – a softened plum. The ambient lighting bronzer shade is titled ‘Glistening Bronze Light‘ – a golden bronze. The ambient strobe lighting powder is titled ‘Supernatural Strobe Light‘ – a soft champagne. And the larger pan powder is the ‘Ambient Lighting Infinity Powder‘ which is a combination of three acclaimed shades of ambient powders: ‘Diffused Light‘, ‘Dim Light‘ and ‘Hypnotic Strobe Light‘. To get a much closer look at the fantastic face palette, check out the packaging photos below..
– Limited Edition Too Faced Cinnamon Bun Longwear Melting Matte Lipstick 7ml; a brand new holiday shade in Too Faced’s melted matte lipstick formula, ‘Cinnamon Bun‘, which is a gorgeous universal shade described as a moderately-warm toned brown matte. It is infused with vitamin E, avocado oil with hyaluronic filling spheres that smooth the lip lines upon application. It coats the lips with a true pigment of colour that lasts for hours and is quite comfortable to wear. This particular shade is limited edition and a part of Too Faced’s 2021 holiday collection. To see up-close shots and lip wear swatches, take a look below..
– Limited Edition Too Faced ‘You’re So Hot’ Hot Cocoa Bronzer & Lipgloss Set 8.5g 5.2ml; a new smooth and silky bronzer in a limited edition shade ‘Hot Cocoa‘ with the most cutest packaging we may have ever seen, the embossed design on the surface of the bronzer in pan has a smiley face resembling hot froffing coffee with whipped cream nested on top and is also scented just like the decadent treat of hot cocoa, the perfect treat on a cold winter’s day. The tone of the bronzer is definitely on the lighter side, it would be ideal for fair or light skin tones. The lipgloss is in the lip injection power plumping formula and is in shade ‘Christmas Cocoa‘. It is scented just like chocolate cake or a chocolate candy bar, it is a very pleasing brown tone which is universally flattering on most skin tones. It delivers a gorgeous high shine upon wear and is quite glossy. The make up pouch that the set comes in is a cute light pink colour with little mugs of hot froffy coffee with whipped cream on top, there is also sparkly marshmallows on the front and back in pattern form and the iconic gold love heart handle zipper is on the top edge. I think the size is around 5×7 which is wonderful as it can fit quite a bit of product inside, which would be fantastic to take on trips. On the back it says ‘Too Faced’ and on the front it has ‘You’re So Hot’ emblazoned in font. Take a quick look at the close-up details and lip wear shade swatches of both via the pictures below..
– Limited Edition Lanolips x Messina 101 Ointment Multi-Balm Salted Coconut x Mango Gelato 10g; touted as the Australian summer dreams collaboration, is the iconic 101 ointment balm from Lanolips crossed over with another iconic Aussie fave, Messina’s sorbet salted coconut gelato flavour. Using coconut oil, mango fruit extract and vitamin E to create an all-around good vibes boost of hydration for your skin. It uses pure grade Australian Lanolin, which mimics the skin’s own oils and leaves it perfectly hydrated. It is not just for your lips either, it can also be used all over the body on your skin and that is why it’s multi-purpose. It tasted and smells absolutely delicious! If you’d like to see texture shots, up-close photos of the packaging just keep scrolling below..
Worldwide Prices & Availability –LE Too Faced Christmas Coffee Eyeshadow Palette 6.7g; Australia: $38 AUD Available: online and in-store at Mecca.
My Thoughts & First Impressions – Limited Edition Too Faced Christmas Coffee Eyeshadow Palette 6.7g; what drew me to this palette was the gorgeous cranberry red and the forest green shimmer shades, they’re so Christmassy and after watching Youtube reviews with swatches from it, thats when I decided I wanted to get it. I always look forward to the Too Faced christmas holiday releases and usually there is always a palette I end up loving. Sometimes in some of the Too Faced holiday eyeshadow palette releases (like the ones in sets), the shades can be a bit chalky and hard to layer, however I find with their bite-sized palettes that the pigmentation is much better quality and that is why I tend to pick up those instead. And at $38 AUD, it’s a great pick to get 8 mixed formula shades and the packaging is so nice.
– Cerave Hydrating Cream-to-Foam Cleanser 236ml; I’m always on the hunt for cleansers and skincare products that are suited to dry skin and this is where Cerave come in, they have a nice range of products suited to all skin types and their formulas are always without any nasty ingredients. I had tried their hydrating cleanser for the last two years and absolutely love it, so when the cream-to-foam release came out, I hopped on the trial train straight away. During a sale at the Chemist Warehouse I picked up my bottle and I have loved it since first try. It is decently priced and suits my skin so well.
– Limited Edition Hourglass Ambient Lighting Edit Universe Face Palette 5.4g; this is the big winner for me this year. Amongst all of the other palette releases from all other brands, including MAC, this Hourglass interested me the most and the packaging is just simply divine. It is so stunning! I have owned a ambient lighting edit palette beforehand and it was the white marble packaged one from 2016 or so, and when I saw this one I fell in love right away. The fact it is limited edition also helped budge me to pick it up, as they can sell out pretty fast. I love how long these palettes last and the pans are such decent sizes too.
– Limited Edition Too Faced Cinnamon Bun Longwear Melted Matte Lipstick 7ml; I was drawn to this shade right away because it is a universally flattering nude that would suit most skin tones. It is a mid-brown matte with a cool mauve undertone and it smells just like freshly-baked cinnamon rolls. I love earth toned nudes and if it’s in the brown category, I always find the cool tones suit me as unfortunately warm tones never do, they look muddy on me and wash me out. I am a fan of the Too Faced’s melted matte lipstick formula, they’re usually very comfy upon wear and they last so long too. I’m waiting to receive mine that I purchased this year so I will further update when I have it and have worn it.
– Limited Edition Too Faced You’re So Hot Hot Cocoa Bronzer & Lipgloss Set 8.5g 5.2ml; what I loved about this bronzer set is that the bronzer shade looks perfect tone for my skin, I also enjoy the cute pouch and the lip injection gloss shade is another nice earth neutral nude tone, which would compliment most skin tones as well. The gloss is very sparkly and looks like it goes on very smoothly. And not only is the packaging so cute but the products are both scented like hot cocoa.
– Limited Edition Lanolips x Messina 101 Ointment Multi-Balm Salted Coconut & Mango Gelato 10g; this smells so delicious and is your iconic 101 ointment from the fave Lanolips. Infused with Messina’s popular salted coconut sorbet, this balm makes you want to eat it! It is so nourishing and it is such a fun collaboration between two Australian faves. Released at a perfect time right before the summer season in Australia. I don’t think you can go wrong with this pick up at all.
That wraps up my holiday gift guide for 2021! I hope you have enjoyed learning more about the featured products in my guided round up for Christmas gifting and have found the perfect selection, or even as a gift for yourself. I am embarking on starting my Christmas shopping and I hope to be finished early this year. I hope you have all been safe and well throughout this year, and I hope you all have a lovely Christmas season with your families and loved ones. I’m going pretty big with decorations this year so I’ll try to include some photo’s of that in my posts.
Disclaimer; all of the above featured products have been purchased with my own money and all thoughts & opinions published here are my own.
INTRODUCING; a brand new cruelty free and vegan Full Coverage Complexion range from one of my faves, BYS Cosmetics. This is a new line of varied products featuring a full coverage foundation, a full coverage camouflage concealer, three colour correcting camouflage concealers; a pink one for covering dark spots, a yellow one for brightening under eye area and a green for reducing redness. It also features a full coverage pressed powder with a matte base. Each product is formulated with skincare in mind, and each item contains hyaluronic acid for added hydration and nourishment. I’ve been testing them all out over the past couple of months and I want to dive right in to my thoughts and other information on the range. To start with, you can see the entire range below..
PRODUCT PACKAGING, SHADES, FORMULA’S & SIZES – full coverage foundation 30ml in shades; ‘Ivory’, ‘Natural Beige’, ‘Medium Beige’ and ‘Sand Beige’. Housed in a clear glass slimline round 30ml tube, with a rose gold lid and pump action. Infused with vitamin E, hyaluronic acid, aloe vera and coconut water for a silky smooth, skin-perfecting matte finish with a full coverage.
– full coverage camouflage concealer 3.5ml in shades; ‘Ivory’, ‘Natural Beige’, ‘Medium Beige’, ‘Sand Beige’, ‘Pink’, ‘Yellow’ and ‘Green’. Housed in a clear glass slim tube with 3.5ml net weight of product, rose gold lid and a soft doe-foot wand applicator attached inside lid. Formula is also infused with vitamin E, hyaluronic acid, coconut water and aloe vera. Providing a silky, soft matte but dewy finish that is a flawless full coverage.
– full coverage pressed powder matte base 8g in shades; ‘Ivory’, ‘Light Beige’, ‘Medium Beige’, ‘Natural Beige’ and ‘Sand Beige’. Housed in a round rose gold plastic compact base with a clear click-in closure clip lid, holding 8 gram of pressed powder in the pan and the formula is also infused with vitamin E, hyaluronic acid, coconut water and aloe vera. With a smooth, silky, shine-free matte finish that is full coverage.
MY THOUGHTS AND REVIEW; I have been trialing this entire collection over the past few months and I have a lot of in-depth thoughts, so let’s dive in! Let’s start with the full coverage foundation; the bottle is a glass slimline round tube design with a rose gold lid with pump action dispenser. I love a pump action foundation as it makes it so easy to apply to your brush/sponge or fingers. The formula is very thin and creamy, it sits lightweight on the skin and feels like you’re not really wearing anything at all. It instantly has that flawless full coverage and feels hydrating on the skin, it has a matte but semi dewy finish. it’s so full coverage that a little bit goes a long way and if you want to set it, you can easily do that using a translucent powder. I use the shade ‘Ivory’ and it’s a perfect neutral fair tone which I’m stoked about! PRO’S: the finish is SO gorgeous, it’s flawless, literally. It is full coverage, has a beautiful silky matte dewy-ness to it that feels hydrating. It’s lightweight and feels very comfy on. Longevity; it lasts and lasts! I wear mine for up to six hours at each wear and it doesn’t need to be touched up anywhere. It sits so perfect on my skin. Think the same coverage & quality as the Anastasia Beverly Hills Flawless Foundation but without the huge price tag! This full coverage foundation from BYS Cosmetics; retails for just $11.95 AUD and has 30ml of liquid product inside. CONS: the only cons I can recognise is the fact that I have broke out with one pimple sometimes after I wear the foundation, and the other con is I think it needs a shade range expansion and become available in more darker shades to suit different skin tones. With the pimple breaking out, I can’t be sure but I will bet it may be the coconut water in the formula that may congest the pores a tad. Everything else is perfection. In fact I am SO impressed with the foundation, I am already planning to purchase another bottle. I’ll even go on to say it’s my favourite foundation to have come out that I’ve tried in the last year.
Onto the camouflage concealers; the texture of these are that they’re a creamy consistency as well, much like the foundation but a tad bit thicker. PRO’S: it goes on well using the doe-foot wand (which is ultra soft by the way) and a little bit goes a long way, I just apply small dots under my eye area and blend it out easily using my Zoeva concealer buffer brush. I have the shade ‘Ivory’ and it suits my skin tone perfectly! They’re infused with the same gorgeous ingredients of hyaluronic acid, aloe vera, coconut water and vitamin E. CONS: The shades for skin tones in these could be extended as well since they’re currently only available in the same ones as the foundation disregarding the colour correcting ones. That is the only con of the camouflage concealers.
Going onto the last but not least, full coverage matte base pressed powders; I found the coverage of this powder to be a little more medium-to-full coverage rather than instantly full coverage, but I think that’s easy to do with pressed powders. The shade I use is ‘Ivory’ and it suited my skin perfectly, so I was very happy with that. PRO’S: it can easily be built up and layered for a fuller even complexion, the powder is definitely silky soft and feels very lightweight and comfy on. My skin really liked it too, it lasts many hours, much like the liquid full coverage foundation. I really enjoy the soft finish it provides and how it looks, it’s definitely shine-free and creates a lovely smooth matte look. CONS: there isn’t really any downfall at all to this powder, the only thing is the shade range again, it could definitely be extended to further darker shades. Other than the shade range limitation, this entire collection is perfection! Well done to BYS on a lovely base range that is up there with the high end brands and great quality performers, yet even better because they’re available at affordable prices! A definite WIN. So for the ultimate question you may be wondering, would I repurchase these?; For the foundation, the main camouflage concealer in ‘Ivory’ and the pressed powder, the answer is a definite yes!
WORLDWIDE AVAILABILITY –full coverage complexion range availability;
Thank you for reading my in depth and thorough review on this lovely hydrating complexion range from BYS Cosmetics. If you’ve tried this range yourself, I’d love to hear what you thought of it also. Comment below and I will reply.
Disclaimer; this full coverage complexion range was sent in to me for consideration with no obligation to post, it is not sponsored or paid for. All views and opinions are solely my own.
INTRODUCING; the brand new complexion range to come from Ulta 3! The Second Skin range features: the Second Skin Foundation Radiant Finish, Second Skin Concealer, Second Skin Pressed Powders, Base Boost Hydrating Drops and the Base Boost Brightening Drops. A new base range that is designed & formulated to be light-weight, hydrating and feel like your own skin. As if you’re not wearing any foundation at all.
Products, Textures & Formula – Second Skin Foundation Radiant Finish; the second skin foundation radiant finish is a liquid foundation that infused with jojoba oil, argan oil and vitamin B5. Packaged in a tall round glass bottle of size 35ml, it has a soft doe-foot applicator attached to the inside of the lid. Designed to achieve a radiant finish with a medium coverage. I found one layer creates exactly that, a nice medium coverage with a slightly dewy finish. Two layers definitely achieved a more medium-to-full coverage and was a tad bit dewier. – Second Skin Concealer; the concealer is formulated with jojoba oil and vitamin E. It comes housed in a round plastic thin tube of size 6ml. It is very creamy, not too thick, easily blends out and covers my under-eye area very nicely. It has a pleasant coconut scent and it’s not strong, just perfect. – Second Skin Pressed Powders; the powders are very finely milled. They feel ultra soft, are micro-finishing and has a pleasant coconut scent to them that is very subtle. They give off a light matte effect, smooth & set foundation for a flawless finish. They’re a vegan formula that is paraben free, cruelty free and sulfate free. They’re both 18g in size. – Base Boost Hydrating Drops; the base boost hydrating drops are to provide a skin-boosted look, the formula is infused with hyaluronate acid and witch hazel extract, and they’re designed to be used on their own or mixed with foundation for a customised dewy finish. It is also a vegan formula that is cruelty free and comes in a 15ml size. – Base Boost Brightening Drops; the base boost brightening drops is formulated with vitamin E, vitamin B3 and super fine reflective particles. They’re created to brighten complexion, either on their own or mixed with a foundation to achieve a naturally luminous & radiant glow. They provide a gorgeous luminous glow for any created look. The brightening drops come in a 15ml size.
Worldwide Prices & Availability – Second Skin Foundation Radiant Finish 35ml; Australia; $11.95 AUD Available; online at Ulta3 and in-store at select pharmacies.
My Thoughts & First Impressions – Second Skin Foundation Radiant Finish 35ml; this is a lovely formulated foundation that features jojoba oil, argan oil and vitamin B5. It is very nice on the skin and doesn’t feel heavy. It comes in a nice 35ml slim round glass bottle which has a doe-foot applicator attached to its lid for easy application. The dot-foot is fluffy and large for perfect drops on the skin, the lid of the bottle acts as the handle. I would say the foundation easily achieves a radiant finish and has a medium coverage, one that can be built up. One layer of the foundation creates a dewy light-to-medium coverage, another layer made the finish very radiant and dewy, it felt hydrating and provided a medium coverage.
– Second Skin Concealer 6ml; I love how creamy this concealer is, it comes housed in a thin slimline round clear plastic 6ml tube and has a coconut scent, which is very pleasant. It is infused with jojoba oil and vitamin E, it covers the under-eye very nicely and isn’t too thick.
– Second Skin Pressed Powders 18g; the pressed powders are both very finely milled, they each feel very soft and fluffy light. They both feel very silky smooth in texture and sit lightly on the skin, they both create such a lovely velvety soft matte finish and also have that same pleasant coconut scent. I even love using the powder in ‘Light’ on it’s own, and the translucent one over the top of any foundation.
– Base Boost Hydrating Drops 15ml; the base boost hydrating drops are formulated with hyaluronic acid and Witch Hazel extract, the drops can be used by themselves or mixed in with foundations or primers to achieve a nice dewy finish. It is cruelty free and is vegan. It always achieves a dewy and radiant finished look. If you feel like your skin is dull and dry, this is the perfect boost. It reminds me of a serum, and it has Niacinamide in it as well.
– Base Boost Brightening Drops 15ml; the base boost brightening drops are formulated with vitamin E, vitamin B3 and super fine reflective particles. They’re designed to be used either on their own or mixed in with a primer or foundation to give a radiant, brightened look. I love the glisten glow these drops provide and I love using them to highlight with after my makeup look. They’re also great to use on a no makeup day, to give a boost in glow to the skin and create the no-makeup/makeup look.
This wraps up the post, I hope you have enjoyed learning and reading more about this range from one of my faves, Ulta3! I am constantly impressed by their releases and so happy they’re such an affordable brand and I honestly feel like they’re super underrated, if you haven’t checked out their line before but have been curious, definitely check them out next time you’re at the pharmacy or feel like doing a spot of new makeup shopping. You’ll be glad you did!
Disclaimer; the above products were sent in for my consideration without obligation to post. All thoughts are honest and opinions are genuinely my own, this post is not paid for.