Introducing my recent Charlotte Tilbury purchase of the Beautiful Skin Sun-Kissed Glow Bronzer in the shade ‘Fair’. It’s a release I previewed and couldn’t resist picking up when it came out. In what is a truly unique formula, this is fast becoming a fave bronzer for many! It has a lovely neutral undertone that would suit a lot of skin tones, it comes available in four different shades as well. Here is an in-depth look at it, with swatches included, let’s get into it..
Product, Texture & Formula – Charlotte Tilbury Beautiful Skin Sun-Kissed Glow Bronzer 21g; this gorgeous bronzer comes in a gold chrome plastic compact with built-in mirror and has a maroon pattern over the top lid, it is a net weight of 21 grams which is a lot of product for a bronzer. It is formulated with hyaluronic acid to lock in moisture and hydrate the skin, sunshine provitamin D3 that converts to vitamin D when exposed directly to sunlight for an even sun-kissed glow, finely milled pearls to reflect light and illuminate the skin, elastomer polymer which glides over the skin for a second-skin feel, soft-focussing silica for a smooth appearance and feel of the skin, helping to reduce wrinkles and fine lines, film-forming resin that acts as a magic shield to seal in the skincare benefits, to improve the look of skin instantly and over time, it also has silky polymers for a flawless, even coverage of the face and body. That is also a great point to make; this bronzer is designed for the body as well as the face, meaning you can use it to contour or glow any part you wish to. It comes available in four different sun-filled day shades: Fair, Medium, Tan and Deep. One was sold every 30 seconds on release day! It is largely sold out online now worldwide but I am hearing some stores in Singapore have it and it’s still available in three shades (Fair is unfortunately sold out at the moment) online at Charlotte Tilbury’s website. To take a much closer look at it, check out the swatch and close-up shots below..
Worldwide Prices & Availability –Charlotte Tilbury Beautiful Skin Sun-Kissed Glow Bronzer 21g; Australia: $75 AUD Available: online at Charlotte Tilbury.
My Thoughts & Impressions – Charlotte Tilbury Beautiful Skin Sun-Kissed Glow Bronzer 21g; firstly I think I have never felt a texture quite like this one before, it’s so unique that it is just like a cream and powder rolled into one.. their filmstar duo is very smooth & creamy but this bronzer is a tad bit more smooth. I put it to the polymer, soft-focussing silica and film-forming resin.. never seen anything like it before. The way it blends on to the skin is amazing, it is effortlessly applied.. it just glides on so silky smooth. I have worn it for 6hrs with no issues, so it goes quite the distance in wear. I haven’t tested it beyond that timeframe because frankly, I don’t wear makeup for more than around 6-8 hrs at any given time, which I dare say is the norm for most people who wear makeup. I love the really neutral undertone that this one has, it would suit a lot of varying skin tones, and each shade available would have the neutral undertone I would think. One thing to mention; a little bit goes a long way! So you only need to work with a light-hand and start off with less and work your way up to achieve your acquired look. If you love smooth creamy makeup looks, this is perfection for that exact result. In terms of ‘glowing’ skin, I feel like in a way of contouring and emphasising your high points of your face, this does it perfectly however it may not be the ‘glowing’ you might think it is referring to, but that may differ for everyone. I feel like it does reflect light but I haven’t tested it out on photos yet, I shall do that and update you. Repurchase? oh 100% yes! It ticks a lot of boxes when it comes to my personal bronzer and contouring acquired results I want to achieve. It’s a definite yes! The biggest thing I love about this new release is two things, the formula; it is stunning and so silky smooth. secondly the size; it’s so BIG and will last a long time, and I feel the price is reflective of this and is quite reasonable for the net weight, plus the packaging with built-in mirror.
Disclaimer: this product was purchased by myself with my own money, it is not sponsored in any way and not paid for. It is a product I’ve chosen to post about and feature on my platforms.
WELCOME; to my annual Coco and Chino’sChristmas Holiday Gift Guide 2021! Here I will be going through in guide-form, my top holiday gift picks for this holiday season. This years’ picks are from Too Faced, Hourglass, Cerave and Lanolips, covering a wide variety of beauty categories. To take a look at what my selections are this year, just look below..
Products, Textures & Formula’s – Limited Edition Too Faced Christmas Coffee Eye Shadow Palette 6.7g; with eight tasty shades that is sure to warm you up on a cool night, it will get you through the winter months and you can create a multitude of looks with this bite-sized eye shadow palette. With a mixture of mattes and shimmers, it gives you the perfect balance and all shades are nicely pigmented. From top-to-bottom and left-to-right, the shade names are titled: ‘Kool Whip‘ – a light warm cream matte, ‘Warm Me Up‘ – a soft caramel-brown matte, ‘Cinnamon Chai‘ – a deep red-brown terracotta, ‘Holly Sh*t‘ – sparkling forest-green shimmer, ‘Brew-tiful Day‘ – peach-pink matte, ‘Slow Roasted‘ – rustic copper metallic, ‘Candy Cane Latte‘ – cranberry-red metallic and ‘Christmas Coffee‘ – a rich deep brown matte. This size palette is also ideal for taking on trips and touching up on a night out, etc. Take a closer look below..
– Cerave Hydrating Cream-to-Foam Cleanser 236ml; perfect for normal-to-dry skin and people with sensitive skin, this cleanser is infused with hyaluronic acid for ultimate hydration, it has an amino acid based surfactant that lathers into a gentle foam and easily removes oil, makeup, dirt and any SPF residue from the skin. It also includes ceramides to maintain the skin’s barrier, and their own patented MVE technology that continually releases moisturising ingredients overtime for 24hrs. It can also be used on hands, body as well as the face. It’s quite easy to use, just massage gentle into lukewarm wet skin before rinsing well. It is soap-free, paraben-free, non-comedogenic, fragrance-free and pH balanced. To check out some photos of the cleanser and texture of the cream, take a look below..
– Limited Edition Hourglass Ambient Lighting Edit Universe Face Palette 5.4g; the new annual Ambient Lighting Edit face palette for 2021 is here! Featuring four brand new shades of blush, bronzer and highlighter are limited edition and create the most flattering light source for looks and photography. The powders create such a beautiful celestial glow, they’re all hand-made in Italy and are such universal shades that they would suit most skin tones. The photoluminescent technology allows the powders to capture, diffuse and soften surrounding light to help blur imperfections and refine the skin’s appearance. The two ambient strobe lighting blush shades are: ‘Vibrant Heat‘ – a very vibrant soft mid pink and ‘Luminous Rose‘ – a softened plum. The ambient lighting bronzer shade is titled ‘Glistening Bronze Light‘ – a golden bronze. The ambient strobe lighting powder is titled ‘Supernatural Strobe Light‘ – a soft champagne. And the larger pan powder is the ‘Ambient Lighting Infinity Powder‘ which is a combination of three acclaimed shades of ambient powders: ‘Diffused Light‘, ‘Dim Light‘ and ‘Hypnotic Strobe Light‘. To get a much closer look at the fantastic face palette, check out the packaging photos below..
– Limited Edition Too Faced Cinnamon Bun Longwear Melting Matte Lipstick 7ml; a brand new holiday shade in Too Faced’s melted matte lipstick formula, ‘Cinnamon Bun‘, which is a gorgeous universal shade described as a moderately-warm toned brown matte. It is infused with vitamin E, avocado oil with hyaluronic filling spheres that smooth the lip lines upon application. It coats the lips with a true pigment of colour that lasts for hours and is quite comfortable to wear. This particular shade is limited edition and a part of Too Faced’s 2021 holiday collection. To see up-close shots and lip wear swatches, take a look below..
– Limited Edition Too Faced ‘You’re So Hot’ Hot Cocoa Bronzer & Lipgloss Set 8.5g 5.2ml; a new smooth and silky bronzer in a limited edition shade ‘Hot Cocoa‘ with the most cutest packaging we may have ever seen, the embossed design on the surface of the bronzer in pan has a smiley face resembling hot froffing coffee with whipped cream nested on top and is also scented just like the decadent treat of hot cocoa, the perfect treat on a cold winter’s day. The tone of the bronzer is definitely on the lighter side, it would be ideal for fair or light skin tones. The lipgloss is in the lip injection power plumping formula and is in shade ‘Christmas Cocoa‘. It is scented just like chocolate cake or a chocolate candy bar, it is a very pleasing brown tone which is universally flattering on most skin tones. It delivers a gorgeous high shine upon wear and is quite glossy. The make up pouch that the set comes in is a cute light pink colour with little mugs of hot froffy coffee with whipped cream on top, there is also sparkly marshmallows on the front and back in pattern form and the iconic gold love heart handle zipper is on the top edge. I think the size is around 5×7 which is wonderful as it can fit quite a bit of product inside, which would be fantastic to take on trips. On the back it says ‘Too Faced’ and on the front it has ‘You’re So Hot’ emblazoned in font. Take a quick look at the close-up details and lip wear shade swatches of both via the pictures below..
– Limited Edition Lanolips x Messina 101 Ointment Multi-Balm Salted Coconut x Mango Gelato 10g; touted as the Australian summer dreams collaboration, is the iconic 101 ointment balm from Lanolips crossed over with another iconic Aussie fave, Messina’s sorbet salted coconut gelato flavour. Using coconut oil, mango fruit extract and vitamin E to create an all-around good vibes boost of hydration for your skin. It uses pure grade Australian Lanolin, which mimics the skin’s own oils and leaves it perfectly hydrated. It is not just for your lips either, it can also be used all over the body on your skin and that is why it’s multi-purpose. It tasted and smells absolutely delicious! If you’d like to see texture shots, up-close photos of the packaging just keep scrolling below..
Worldwide Prices & Availability –LE Too Faced Christmas Coffee Eyeshadow Palette 6.7g; Australia: $38 AUD Available: online and in-store at Mecca.
My Thoughts & First Impressions – Limited Edition Too Faced Christmas Coffee Eyeshadow Palette 6.7g; what drew me to this palette was the gorgeous cranberry red and the forest green shimmer shades, they’re so Christmassy and after watching Youtube reviews with swatches from it, thats when I decided I wanted to get it. I always look forward to the Too Faced christmas holiday releases and usually there is always a palette I end up loving. Sometimes in some of the Too Faced holiday eyeshadow palette releases (like the ones in sets), the shades can be a bit chalky and hard to layer, however I find with their bite-sized palettes that the pigmentation is much better quality and that is why I tend to pick up those instead. And at $38 AUD, it’s a great pick to get 8 mixed formula shades and the packaging is so nice.
– Cerave Hydrating Cream-to-Foam Cleanser 236ml; I’m always on the hunt for cleansers and skincare products that are suited to dry skin and this is where Cerave come in, they have a nice range of products suited to all skin types and their formulas are always without any nasty ingredients. I had tried their hydrating cleanser for the last two years and absolutely love it, so when the cream-to-foam release came out, I hopped on the trial train straight away. During a sale at the Chemist Warehouse I picked up my bottle and I have loved it since first try. It is decently priced and suits my skin so well.
– Limited Edition Hourglass Ambient Lighting Edit Universe Face Palette 5.4g; this is the big winner for me this year. Amongst all of the other palette releases from all other brands, including MAC, this Hourglass interested me the most and the packaging is just simply divine. It is so stunning! I have owned a ambient lighting edit palette beforehand and it was the white marble packaged one from 2016 or so, and when I saw this one I fell in love right away. The fact it is limited edition also helped budge me to pick it up, as they can sell out pretty fast. I love how long these palettes last and the pans are such decent sizes too.
– Limited Edition Too Faced Cinnamon Bun Longwear Melted Matte Lipstick 7ml; I was drawn to this shade right away because it is a universally flattering nude that would suit most skin tones. It is a mid-brown matte with a cool mauve undertone and it smells just like freshly-baked cinnamon rolls. I love earth toned nudes and if it’s in the brown category, I always find the cool tones suit me as unfortunately warm tones never do, they look muddy on me and wash me out. I am a fan of the Too Faced’s melted matte lipstick formula, they’re usually very comfy upon wear and they last so long too. I’m waiting to receive mine that I purchased this year so I will further update when I have it and have worn it.
– Limited Edition Too Faced You’re So Hot Hot Cocoa Bronzer & Lipgloss Set 8.5g 5.2ml; what I loved about this bronzer set is that the bronzer shade looks perfect tone for my skin, I also enjoy the cute pouch and the lip injection gloss shade is another nice earth neutral nude tone, which would compliment most skin tones as well. The gloss is very sparkly and looks like it goes on very smoothly. And not only is the packaging so cute but the products are both scented like hot cocoa.
– Limited Edition Lanolips x Messina 101 Ointment Multi-Balm Salted Coconut & Mango Gelato 10g; this smells so delicious and is your iconic 101 ointment from the fave Lanolips. Infused with Messina’s popular salted coconut sorbet, this balm makes you want to eat it! It is so nourishing and it is such a fun collaboration between two Australian faves. Released at a perfect time right before the summer season in Australia. I don’t think you can go wrong with this pick up at all.
That wraps up my holiday gift guide for 2021! I hope you have enjoyed learning more about the featured products in my guided round up for Christmas gifting and have found the perfect selection, or even as a gift for yourself. I am embarking on starting my Christmas shopping and I hope to be finished early this year. I hope you have all been safe and well throughout this year, and I hope you all have a lovely Christmas season with your families and loved ones. I’m going pretty big with decorations this year so I’ll try to include some photo’s of that in my posts.
Disclaimer; all of the above featured products have been purchased with my own money and all thoughts & opinions published here are my own.
INTRODUCING; a brand new cruelty free and vegan Full Coverage Complexion range from one of my faves, BYS Cosmetics. This is a new line of varied products featuring a full coverage foundation, a full coverage camouflage concealer, three colour correcting camouflage concealers; a pink one for covering dark spots, a yellow one for brightening under eye area and a green for reducing redness. It also features a full coverage pressed powder with a matte base. Each product is formulated with skincare in mind, and each item contains hyaluronic acid for added hydration and nourishment. I’ve been testing them all out over the past couple of months and I want to dive right in to my thoughts and other information on the range. To start with, you can see the entire range below..
PRODUCT PACKAGING, SHADES, FORMULA’S & SIZES – full coverage foundation 30ml in shades; ‘Ivory’, ‘Natural Beige’, ‘Medium Beige’ and ‘Sand Beige’. Housed in a clear glass slimline round 30ml tube, with a rose gold lid and pump action. Infused with vitamin E, hyaluronic acid, aloe vera and coconut water for a silky smooth, skin-perfecting matte finish with a full coverage.
– full coverage camouflage concealer 3.5ml in shades; ‘Ivory’, ‘Natural Beige’, ‘Medium Beige’, ‘Sand Beige’, ‘Pink’, ‘Yellow’ and ‘Green’. Housed in a clear glass slim tube with 3.5ml net weight of product, rose gold lid and a soft doe-foot wand applicator attached inside lid. Formula is also infused with vitamin E, hyaluronic acid, coconut water and aloe vera. Providing a silky, soft matte but dewy finish that is a flawless full coverage.
– full coverage pressed powder matte base 8g in shades; ‘Ivory’, ‘Light Beige’, ‘Medium Beige’, ‘Natural Beige’ and ‘Sand Beige’. Housed in a round rose gold plastic compact base with a clear click-in closure clip lid, holding 8 gram of pressed powder in the pan and the formula is also infused with vitamin E, hyaluronic acid, coconut water and aloe vera. With a smooth, silky, shine-free matte finish that is full coverage.
MY THOUGHTS AND REVIEW; I have been trialing this entire collection over the past few months and I have a lot of in-depth thoughts, so let’s dive in! Let’s start with the full coverage foundation; the bottle is a glass slimline round tube design with a rose gold lid with pump action dispenser. I love a pump action foundation as it makes it so easy to apply to your brush/sponge or fingers. The formula is very thin and creamy, it sits lightweight on the skin and feels like you’re not really wearing anything at all. It instantly has that flawless full coverage and feels hydrating on the skin, it has a matte but semi dewy finish. it’s so full coverage that a little bit goes a long way and if you want to set it, you can easily do that using a translucent powder. I use the shade ‘Ivory’ and it’s a perfect neutral fair tone which I’m stoked about! PRO’S: the finish is SO gorgeous, it’s flawless, literally. It is full coverage, has a beautiful silky matte dewy-ness to it that feels hydrating. It’s lightweight and feels very comfy on. Longevity; it lasts and lasts! I wear mine for up to six hours at each wear and it doesn’t need to be touched up anywhere. It sits so perfect on my skin. Think the same coverage & quality as the Anastasia Beverly Hills Flawless Foundation but without the huge price tag! This full coverage foundation from BYS Cosmetics; retails for just $11.95 AUD and has 30ml of liquid product inside. CONS: the only cons I can recognise is the fact that I have broke out with one pimple sometimes after I wear the foundation, and the other con is I think it needs a shade range expansion and become available in more darker shades to suit different skin tones. With the pimple breaking out, I can’t be sure but I will bet it may be the coconut water in the formula that may congest the pores a tad. Everything else is perfection. In fact I am SO impressed with the foundation, I am already planning to purchase another bottle. I’ll even go on to say it’s my favourite foundation to have come out that I’ve tried in the last year.
Onto the camouflage concealers; the texture of these are that they’re a creamy consistency as well, much like the foundation but a tad bit thicker. PRO’S: it goes on well using the doe-foot wand (which is ultra soft by the way) and a little bit goes a long way, I just apply small dots under my eye area and blend it out easily using my Zoeva concealer buffer brush. I have the shade ‘Ivory’ and it suits my skin tone perfectly! They’re infused with the same gorgeous ingredients of hyaluronic acid, aloe vera, coconut water and vitamin E. CONS: The shades for skin tones in these could be extended as well since they’re currently only available in the same ones as the foundation disregarding the colour correcting ones. That is the only con of the camouflage concealers.
Going onto the last but not least, full coverage matte base pressed powders; I found the coverage of this powder to be a little more medium-to-full coverage rather than instantly full coverage, but I think that’s easy to do with pressed powders. The shade I use is ‘Ivory’ and it suited my skin perfectly, so I was very happy with that. PRO’S: it can easily be built up and layered for a fuller even complexion, the powder is definitely silky soft and feels very lightweight and comfy on. My skin really liked it too, it lasts many hours, much like the liquid full coverage foundation. I really enjoy the soft finish it provides and how it looks, it’s definitely shine-free and creates a lovely smooth matte look. CONS: there isn’t really any downfall at all to this powder, the only thing is the shade range again, it could definitely be extended to further darker shades. Other than the shade range limitation, this entire collection is perfection! Well done to BYS on a lovely base range that is up there with the high end brands and great quality performers, yet even better because they’re available at affordable prices! A definite WIN. So for the ultimate question you may be wondering, would I repurchase these?; For the foundation, the main camouflage concealer in ‘Ivory’ and the pressed powder, the answer is a definite yes!
WORLDWIDE AVAILABILITY –full coverage complexion range availability;
Thank you for reading my in depth and thorough review on this lovely hydrating complexion range from BYS Cosmetics. If you’ve tried this range yourself, I’d love to hear what you thought of it also. Comment below and I will reply.
Disclaimer; this full coverage complexion range was sent in to me for consideration with no obligation to post, it is not sponsored or paid for. All views and opinions are solely my own.
Introducing the brand new range; Dark Summer from Ulta3. Campaigned by the new Australian Social Star 2019 Winner from the recent People’s Choice Awards.. Jade Tunchy, who is the face of the range. The range features three Master Metals Eyeshadows in the shades ‘Bronze’, ‘Brass’ and ‘Copper’, three Ultramatte Lip Creams in ‘Strike Out’, ‘Fearless’ and ‘Dark Dreams’, three new Nail Polish colours in ‘Thunder’, ‘Sangria’ and ‘Evolve’, an All Night Long Eyeshadow Primer, a Loud & Proud Mascara and Loud & Proud Waterproof Mascara, and lastly but not least, the newly enriched formula Great Lengths Mascara & Great Lengths Waterproof Mascara.
There’s a dark twist coming to Summer 2020… – Ulta3
Ulta3 Dark Summer Range;
There’s a dark & striking addition to the traditionally warm & bronzed summer look. Trans-seasonal darker shades are making their way into the sun, with deep plums, berries & browns set to be focal points in global fashion & beauty this season. Ulta3 presents Dark Summer. a stunningly warm makeup collection with a fashionably dark twist. Featuring premium quality products across all beauty categories, so you can be bang on trend without breaking the bank! – Ulta3
Products and Formulas; * Master Metals Eyeshadows in ‘Bronze’, ‘Brass’ and ‘Copper’ 2g – $6.95 AUD – one-swipe pigment, shimmery & sparkly, metal foil finish
* Ultamatte Lip Creams in ‘Fearless’, ‘Strike Out’ and ‘Dark Dreams’ 10ml – $7.95 AUD – thin, light-weight, deep pigment & dries down matte
* Nail Polishes in shades ‘Thunder’, ‘Sangria’ and ‘Evolve’ 13ml – $2.95 AUD – smooth lacquer, with a duo chrome/metallic finish
* All Night Long Eyeshadow Primer 2g – $6.95 AUD – a hydrating smooth primer that sets a base on the lid
* Great Lengths Mascara and Great Lengths Waterproof Mascara 12ml – $9.95 AUD – infused with vitamin e & biotinoyl tripeptide to hydrate and strengthen lashes
My Experience & Review;
I can’t get over how pigmented the sparkly Master Metals Eyeshadows are!! They’re one-swipe intensity and they’re some of the prettiest shimmers I own. I love the dark twist these shades bring into play for the trans-seasonal aspect, these would be suited for any occasion or season yet bring such a character to the end of Summer! I think my favourite shade is ‘Bronze’ as it has an almost gold-like shimmer glow to it in the natural light or sun light, it is a gorgeous colour. These would be perfect to create smokey eye looks or even just to wear on the lid with a neutral toned crease. The Ultramatte Lip Cream formula is extremely light-weight upon wear on the lips and almost dries instantly as most lip creams do. The pigment is pretty intense but I find one layer is a little less opaque due to the edges on the doe-foot during application so I would do two layers to make it completely opaque and for a full coverage. I ADORE the colour of the ‘Strike Out’ lip cream, it is a dark burgundy purple plum, it is truly stunning. You can see it in the swatch photo above at the bottom.
The Nail Polishes come in three gorgeous colours; ‘Thunder’, ‘Sangria’ and ‘Evolve’. I haven’t yet tried these but I will be shortly and will post a upcoming post on my Instagram Coco and Chino’s so stay tuned for that! I’ve been enjoying using the Great Lengths Mascara, it’s pretty volumising and provides a nice natural looking extra length to my lashes. The colour is a lovely intense black which matches my hair colour too. As far as the mascara’s are concerned, I haven’t tried the others as yet but I have enjoyed the great lengths mascara. You definitely get a lovely amount of produce in the tube and I can see myself using this one up before 6 months is up.
I think Ulta3 have nailed this range, the colours are all different and warm-deep tones and the products provide a lovely on-trend look opportunity for anyone who wears them. The options really are endless! I love this dark twist toward the end of the Summer in Australia and the best part of all, is the affordability! You won’t need to break the bank with this range at all! I highly recommend this new release, particularly the Master Metals Eyeshadows and Nail Polishes, they’re stunning! There is so many on-trend looks that can be created using these gorgeous products and better yet, they’re cruelty free and vegan! And, in an effort to help the bushfire affected communities, Ulta3 will be donating 100% of profits from sales for the next two weeks to the FRRR Disaster Resilience & Recovery Fund, which will aid people in recovery that have been directly affected by the devastating bushfires across Australia.
The above Dark Summer range products were kindly sent in to me for consideration of content & review. This does not alter my honest thoughts and opinions in any way.