Introducing a hydrating duo from Laneige; this is by far my fave holy grail moisturising cream and the serum is also quickly becoming a go-to as well. A little bit of history; I have loved Laneige for three years now and started off my Laneige discovery journey with their famous Multi Deep-Clean Cleanser, which I really thoroughly enjoy. Of course it was only natural to want to check out their further released products, including their Water Bank Blue Hyaluronic range, the cream moisturiser and serum. I first tried the original moisture cream and absolutely loved it, I have now used it for the last two years. Fast forward to now, Laneige have reformulated their water bank line and it was a must that I checked this new one out, and this time I’m checking out the serum too. Throughout this blog we’re going to go through the moisture cream and take a closer look at their new water bank blue hyaluronic serum, let’s jump into it..
Products, Textures & Formulas
– Laneige Water Bank Blue Hyaluronic Cream Moisturiser 50ml; the blue hyaluronic moisturising cream from Laneige is formulated with squalane for hydration, low-molecular blue hyaluronic acid, which is fermented with clean deep sea algae, beta glucan to help soothe skin and lactobacillus ferment lysate to repair the skin barrier & enhance the elasticity. The texture of the moisturising cream is a soft, fluffy, silky smooth white cream that absorbs extremely well into skin. There is a slight mild fragrance which is really pleasant and kind of fades away a while after application. It comes housed in a solid plastic, smooth, light pastel blue tub with a net weight 50ml of product. It also comes with a solid thick apricot colour spatula for distributing it out of the tub onto your fingers/hand for application. The lid (which you can see below) is a high depth screw with inner layer for tight concealment, it is very sturdy and works well to seal the product tightly for storage. It is to be used in both the AM and the PM after cleansing and toning. Take a closer look below, and check out the cream’s texture..
– Laneige Water Bank Blue Hyaluronic Serum 50ml; the blue hyaluronic serum is formulated with low-molecular blue hyaluronic acid fermented with clean deep sea algae, peptide to maintain the natural moisture barrier, beta glucan to soothe skin, lactobacillus ferment lysate to repair the skin barrier and improve elasticity, and squalane to lock in hydration. It has a silky smooth viscous texture and absorbs extremely well into skin, almost like it melts into skin. The serum comes housed in a solid plastic, tall & slim 50ml net weight, pump action bottle, and it has a light pastel blue colour with a apricot coloured pump-press action dispenser on top. It twists shut with the pump press coming down to seal it, and there is a light on the other side which goes red when the bottle is empty & you need a replacement. Take a much closer look at the serum & it’s texture below..
Worldwide Prices & Availability
– Laneige Water Bank Blue Hyaluronic Moisturiser Cream 50ml & Serum 50ml;
Australia: $58 – $63 AUD
Available: online & in-store at Sephora AUS and online at Adore Beauty.
USA: $40 – $45 USD
Available: online at Laneige USA and Sephora USA.
UK: £32.50 – £35 GBP
Available: online & in-store at Selfridges, online at Cult Beauty and Look Fantastic.
My Thoughts & Impressions
– Laneige Water Bank Blue Hyaluronic Moisturiser Cream 50ml; a little background info, I first tried the water bank moisturising cream around two years ago and absolutely loved it, I have used it since and when I recently saw that Laneige were relaunching it with a revised formula, I knew I HAD to try it out. So as soon as it released, I put my order in at Sephora and picked up the moisturiser cream and the serum (the serum is new-to-me). And, let’s just say I am a very happy customer who has now has even more hydrated skin! I’ve been using it for five weeks now and I love it! Let’s go through my fave things about this moisturising cream: I love how long the hydration lasts after even just one application, it really does lock-in the hydration like it says it does. I also love that a little goes a long way and the tub lasts so long. The cream absorbs into the skin so well and without any sticky feeling afterwards, it also smooths the skin instantly. My dry skin loves this cream and I see myself using it forever. Repurchase? 100% yes! I will continue restocking this and using it every season, if you have dry skin (particularly in Winter, like me) then I highly recommend this gorgeous moisturising cream.
– Laneige Water Bank Blue Hyaluronic Serum 50ml; the water bank serum is a new-to-me serum, it is one I just started trying five weeks ago and I am so impressed with how smooth it makes my skin instantly after application. It makes my skin feel supple, soft and look a little clearer as well. My number one fave things about it, is how hydrated my skin feels with each use and how supple it makes it feel. It has a silky smooth viscous texture, which feels so nice between the tips of your fingers, I always use circular motions to apply both the cream & serum, and it works so well. If you have normal to dry skin that needs extra hydration in winter or during any season, this is a perfect choice. I am extremely impressed with both of these products, I already want to try the exfoliating toner from the same line, so expect that to be included in my next post about this range – which has fast become my go-to in skincare. Repurchase? another big YES! I really love the silky feel of it and how it instantly smooths my skin. I will most definitely be restocking this one as well.
Disclaimer; the two products from Laneige in this post were bought by myself and this post is a non-paid for, non-sponsored post. And as always, all thoughts and opinions are honest and my own. All photos in this post were taken by myself and are copyrighted, they require permission from myself for any reuse or republishing.